Monday, April 21, 2008

Exposed...Almost

It has finally happened. I had a bad experience running alone. I went to Allan Park and left my car in the main parking lot, noting a man parked at the entrance to the trails. I made eye contact, said hi, and thought perhaps he was waiting for somebody. Fast forward 6ish km later, I'm feeling good, thinking about making a second small lope around the pond so I come up the back way to the parking lot. I see the man turned with his back to me, naked except for his underpants pulled up his crack like a thong. I don't think he saw me, but I turned around and ran out of the park onto the main road to a friendly looking house. The occupant drove me back to my car, and as we approached he drove away but not before I took his licence plate number.

It makes me soo mad that I have to be worried about stuff like this, just like a man I deserve to be safe and the freedom to run in the park. The officer I spoke to agreed, but due to the fact I didn't actually see genitals he can't be charged. But the officer agreed to follow- up, epesically since he and his wife run there alone frequently.

The pervert didn't win, I just will be smarter about carrying my cell and pepper spray.

No comments: