Monday, August 06, 2007

Over the Daft Punk Addiction

So as you can see, Anne and I made to the Daft Punk concert last night. It was amazing.
Since having married her, I have slowly brainwashed Anne into actually enjoying electronic music. I believe after last night I have accomplished that lofty goal. At least if this picture is anything to go by.

We took a wheelchair for Anne, as she is 8 months pregnant and wouldn't have been able to stand for the 4 hours or so we were there and also prevented her from being jostled by dancers. This was a great choice as Anne had the entire wheelchair seating to herself. She looked like they had cordoned off an dangerous offender though, all fenced in like that. :)
This is Sebastian and Kavinsky, they DJed before The Rapture played and afterwards again before Daft Punk. Although I really really enjoyed DP, these guys were the highlight of my evening. They music was very cool and as you can see I was right there seeing them set it up and mix it together. Also it was very raw, where as DP's music sounded more processed. The bass was so heavy my shirt was vibrating. Even Anne really enjoyed it. They were in then centre of the hall with the sound and light technicians, so a lot of the crowd never really realized that the music playing was from them. But the few hundred crowded around the booth was rocking out and having a great time. I really regret not getting more pics or video of them performing. Here is a video of pretty much what I saw though (here's another). Neither give you a real sense of the power of the music. Being 5 feet from them and see how its done was a great experience.
Then finally, Daft Punk came on. It was amazing to see them live. I can't really describe was it is like to see this in person. So awesome and so fun.
I do regret having incessantly see all of every should they have done for the past year, as it definitely took something away from this show, but it was still really really awesome.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: