Thursday, April 12, 2012

Traditions


Maya did a unit on family traditions at school. Thus we had to have big discussion on what ours were growing up....it was rather a short discussion. I'm not big sameness- I like change. However, one tradition remains. My mothers enthusiasm for holidays and her making of the traditional Easter bunny cake.
Basically it is a boxed cake and canned icing decorated with candy, but she really enjoys making it and labours over the exact placing of the candy. At family gatherings there was always great fuss over the reveal of decorated cake.
My Easter offering was Cinnamon buns. I have wanted to make them for years... but had never gotten around to it. Quite simple- however time consuming with the endless rounds of dough rising.  I didn't use the glaze that goes this the recipe. I made one up with orange juice.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who decorated that cake? K

Anne said...

Mom

Meghan said...

Wow, how did those cinnamon buns taste? That's quite the colour the glaze put on there ...

Anne said...

Thats not the glaze it is the colour of the dough with the pumpkin in it.

Meghan said...

Oh ... ummm, interesting. haha ;) So, how were they?