Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Bruce Trail Tuesday


Ahead of my potential attempt to run 80k at Sulphur Springs at the end of May, I was thinking perhaps I should do some training. Parked here and ran for a while out then came back. Did take a short cut route on the way back as the main trail took soo much time. In the end I spent three hours on my feet. Not going to say how many km cause I still don't understand how time on your feet is equal to km. You still need to run 80k in the end of the day. As a hint... 3k in 30min. Ouch!
This area is is in the general vicinity of Kolpole Uplands which I have spent a bit of time running and biking at previously.  Nothing like looking up and going "oh no I am going to have to get up there, on that cliff."
 
I have always wanted a lawn jockey- instead we have gargoyles on our porch cause Luke says NO. The first time I saw this fellow last year I think I screamed. Today, it was like seeing a old friend.
 
 

This is the medcalfe crevice side trail. It was funny as the sign said some climbing required. Like it was nothing.
 
You can't tell with this photo but in the centre is a skunk... on the trail. Thus, i ventured of the trail and didn't follow the white blazes as instructed but in this case I think I was justified.
 
Some times you see odd things on the trail.. like a random shoe. I call it trail magic. IN the past I have fown neglected and forgotten  sweaters and made them mine.



Wearing my Montrail shoes which I LOVE. Except the end of my toes are getting bruised. I want the local running store to carry the brand but the owner has said he has no room.
 
Posted by PicasaMy borrowed pack. I am trying to buy a particular one but there is no Canadian distribution apparently... and then today I got the great idea to have it shipped to Kathie then when I go to actually buy it.. it is out of stock. I am losing my patience, I just want that one. :(

2 comments:

West Grey Runner said...

Nice running Anne, nothing like a little adventure and discovery.

Doonst! said...

go ann go