Thursday, June 09, 2011

Sad

There is is a blog I read about strangers lives. People I have never met.

I have been reading it since 2005, so when that happens you kinda feel invested in these peoples lives.
This couple happen to attend the New Tribes  in Durham which prepares people to become missionaries, specifically unreached tribal missions. I have been with them as they completed their two years of training  , a year of raising support, and their overseas deployment. I sat on the sidelines as they battled culture shock, shared in the joy of a new baby, and was saddened to hear of a death in the family.

I sensed that all was not well across the water. I read between the lines and wondered if the blog posts were less frequent because of facebook and twitter or something else?

I wasn't really surprised to read that it was over, that they were coming home. That the choice became stay or leave and save the family.

I feel devastated for this couple. Knowing that for half of their lives overseas missions was their dream and their calling  and now what? They have invested everything education, money, and heart......and now what??

No comments: