Saturday, June 25, 2011

10k- A race that is now considered to Short and Fast.

A few years ago I completed the first edition of a race put on by the local flashy gym. A poor put together affair. Today, I saw improvement. Still missing some key components of a race, but to be fair they don't call it a race it is a 'run'. Although they did advertise it being "professionally chip timed" which kinda confused me as it was a girl with a stop watch and tear off portions on our bibs.  So do they want it to be fun or competitive? They need to make up their minds. Cause if it is competitive those in the top three would like a metal please.

Anyways you know how your day is either good or bad? Races are 60% good days. 40% bad days. Yep had another bad day. Just had to work every step. Felt heavy which could be related to the chocolate bar sale at the grocery store. Spent half the race fiddling Maya ipod touch cause mine has died. Touch screens and my sweaty hands do not mix. So I didn't get the win but somebody who has always wanted to beat me did so I'm really happy for her.

After the race spent some time sneaking granola bars into my bag to take home and catching up with my kindergarten teacher. This was actually really awesome cause I got to thank her for committing time and energy into cross country while I was in puplic school. It is for that I am a runner today.

2 comments:

West Grey Runner said...

So , what was your time?

Anne said...

http://rrresults.com/results2.php?race=306