Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bruce Trail Rule

  • Take the distance planned for the day. Calculate the amount of time you think it should take you. Double it and add a hour.
And that was my day. 36.38 completed. Time- 7.5 hours!!!!

Ran from Cape Chin to Barrows Bay with the help of best friends husband John. The ability to leave a car at the end point and not having to involve a bicycle or a hitch hikers thumb is most welcome. Very thankful.

Problem was large portion of the trail was not runnable due to the large rocks, boulders and roots. Runnable sections could have gone better if I had not had a empty battery ipod two hours in. Spent maybe half hour total talking and standing/around with other hikers. They were all impressed with me running. I was impressed with the through hiker I met. Although I think he is taking maybe a tad too relaxed approach to the trail considering I came across him while he was having his second nap of the day.

Drank water from the bay, hope I don't get a parasite.

All this Bruce trail running is part of my attempt to complete the Peninsula section of the Bruce trail this year in day runs.

1 comment:

Doonst said...

That's some runnin!