Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I think the only tv show I am watching these days is The Biggest Loser. I wait until I have three epoisodes to watch and just fast forward through them. There is alot of repeated footage and product placement. Overall I am not going to pass judgement on whether loosing weight at the rate the contestants do is sustainable but I do find it inspiring,
One of the contestants recently said in the finale..

"Stop making excuses and change your life."
She went on to say that we sometimes need to do whatever it takes to reach our goals but our goals are important and there is nothing more important than our fitness. Or something like that, perhaps I am paraphrasing and adding it it to make my point. Take that woman at church who said I was a bad mother for taking the time to run.

1 comment:

Deb said...

really?! Someone said you were a bad mother because you took a bit of time for yourself to wrk on your fitness? Thats crazy talk.

Everyone needs some time to themselves. I'm not a runner, so I am only assuming that running gives you energy and time to think. Plus you're taking care of yourself and showing your kids that fitness is a priority in life.