Saturday, December 18, 2010

Cross Country Sking

I am very pleased with my ski purchase thus far. I have been skiing at Sawmill, Allan park and Glenelg norctic. I liked glenelg so much I joined. I is a 30min drive but I think it is worth it and Hepworth has a cheaper day pass. As I downhill ski it is funny trying to do something that I would expect my downhills to do but the back country's just don't respond that way.

Had a lesson from Ang but I didn't really listen so I didn't snowplow so I fell eight times. Pulled a muscle in my leg, snow up my coat and down my coat... serious good fun.
Luke was asking if there is any races I can do. Perhaps this can be a non-competitive sport....but skate skiing looks really fun.

3 comments:

Bodo said...

Oh it is Anne, it sure is!!!!

Anonymous said...

Do they still groom the sullivan ski trail near Desboro? I love taking the kids for walks in there in the summer, but haven't actially skied there.
My fav place to ski is the trails at Harrison Park and Inglas falls.
Julie S

Angie said...

What do you mean, you weren't paying attention! You fell 8 times? Serves you right, for not paying attention! No seriously, Glenelg is super-fun, isn't it? Glad you enjoyed yourself, can't wait to ski it with you!