Monday, January 01, 2007

Resolution Run Barrie

Last night I completed the 5km resolution run with the Barrie Running Room. I had only decided to run it a week before so of course it was sold out but the organizers assured me that was OK and many people crash the race. Other then not receiving the hat and vest I am glad I didn't spend the money on the registration as it was poorly organized- from a competitive point of view.
There was no timers and no official finish times, as the turn around point official was late getting to the proper spot so I almost lost time with extra distance.
As I had not registered I was not to concerned about the details like where it started so after a rather loud search ( Luke and I fighting) I only had enough time to jump out of the car and find a spot in line before the horn blew.
It was a flat out and back along the shore of Lake Simcoe, I quickly moved to the front of the pack passing many people. I pased myself with some men, but soon moved on thinking 'Isn't this to be somewhat competitive?' I had a good finish - timed on my watch of about 24min. I lost time at the start line as I should have started at the head of the pack. Luke says I finished in the top12-15people, second or third girl. There were 217 registered running/walkers unsure of actual numbers. My goal was 30min. So I'm pleased. Eventually I would like to have a personal best of 21min.

Oh and Lisa it was me and the old guy without a refective jacket. I looked sooo un refective- like a blur in the night. Thinking about baby blue now.Or navy......perhaps yellow.....

No comments: