Monday, April 29, 2013

Little pond, Big fish.

I think it is good to do a 5k once a year just to see how fast you can go, but otherwise whats the point. Too short, but I admit to liking a 5 k better than a 10k.
Participated in the Grey Bruce Fun Run located in Walkerton. The route was surprisingly not too bad in the way of hills. Long gentle climbs and two short inclines. Started in the front- although it would be hard not to as there were only 57 participants. A young girl in pink started out in the lead but I had a feeling she would settle into a slower pace so just watched her go. 1k in there was three boys then me, I looked behind me for the next female but didn't see anybody and that is order I finished in. Felt strong and in control the entire race. Kept on thinking somebody was going to pass me, but nobody was there and I was first female to cross the line. Won a gift certificate for a massage- excellent, and then a group of us did another 10k for a final longish training run prior to next weeks marathon.
Oh my time was 21:49, not anything spectacular but it did the job.

No comments: