Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Best Ever

Coleslaw!!!

I love coleslaw. Usually the vinegar type, very tangy with an explosion of taste and onions. No dish is complete without onions I say.




This week we received in out newsletter from the CSA, a delightful new recipe for coleslaw. I just ate three servings with the pictured avocado. Last night it went quite well with latkes. The addition of the lime makes it fantastic. Listed below is how I made it- not how it appeared in the newsletter. Made some minor adjustments based on what I had on hand and what I forgot to put in- opps.
 
1/2 cabbage sliced thinly
2 carrots grated
1 watermelon radishes shredded ( Or a several regular ones that can be found at the grocery would do)
1/2 red onion
 
Toss together in bowl
 
1 lime grated, then
1 lime juiced
1/2c mayonnaise
1/2c plain Greek yogurt
1t paprika
few twists of salt and pepper mills
1t cumin
 
Mix all up and then mix with the veggies.
 
Yummy yummy in my tummy.
 
 



























No comments: