Thursday, February 23, 2012

Company Dinner

 
The beautiful Andrea modeling the dinner I served on Family Day.
I added sautated shrimp in white wine and garlic cause Luke found the shrimp in the freezer and demanded it for dinner. Andrea didn't actually eat any of what she held I silently noticed cause I think she does not like seafood which I find incredibly odd, much like her husbands dislike of bacon, the only dead animal product I would miss if I became a vegetarian.

Spaghetti Squash with Herbs
1 spaghetti squash (about 4 pounds), halved lengthwise, seeds removed
  • 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing

  • 1 tablespoon packed light-brown sugar

  • Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper

  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (about 2 1/2 ounces)

  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley ( I used dried organino and basil instead)

  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (I never add this as I have a odd genetic reaction to it......it tastes like soap. Apparently other people have this as well)

  • 1/4 cup blanched hazelnuts (1 ounce), toasted and coarsely chopped (I used some almonds cause I need to go to bulk barn and re-stock)

  • Directions

    1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush cut sides of squash with oil, and sprinkle with sugar and salt and pepper to taste. Place squash, cut sides down, on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast until tender, about 45 minutes. Let cool slightly on sheet on a wire rack, about 10 minutes.
    2. Scrape squash with a fork to remove flesh in long strands. Place in a large bowl. Add oil, Parmesan, parsley, cilantro, hazelnuts, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Toss, and serve immediately.

    Posted by Picasa

    No comments: