Monday, October 26, 2009

Niagrea Falls HALF

After a series of unfortunate events, there was to be no fall Marathon- as hoped for Anne...the crowd should shed a single tear for this deviating news BECAUSE as there was no fall marathon there is no Boston qualifying and thus there is no Boston running and thus, the saddest news of all... There will be NO 2010 Boston Jacket for Anne.

To console myself I set my sights on setting a new personal best in the half Marathon on the very fast Niagara falls course. What was I thinking!! That was 1:37:36:9 of Pain- with a capital P. In the end I did beat my time by 2:20:9. I was kinda hoping for a four minute improvement but I guess it wasn't the day. My legs just didn't feel strong. I did come across the line as 18th female so top 25 ain't bad. Gotta take a victory somewhere.

Pictured is the reason why I did as well as I did. A stranger named Petro from Victoria BC started running with me cause he liked my pace, and for the next 18km we matched each other step for step. He was an amazing encouragement, kept the pace though the aid stations, and quite frankly was the nicest person I have ever met, I feel bad I dropped him with 500metres to go, but I had it in me to go slightly faster. I think I am going to web stock him and write him a thank you letter.

On another note.... how do I get faster? I need a coach, so listen up company executives. Give a age grouper, working mother a chance- sponsor me. I want to go to warm weather camps and be all I can be I just need $$$$ Cause I'm sure I have it in me to be great- just need a hand getting there.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: