Thursday, October 01, 2009

Loneliness

I spend alot of time swimming, biking, and running. On any given day I am alone with these pursuits for at least a hour. For the most part I do enjoy the solitude, the lack of demands, and the sense of peace I obtain from working hard. But I do get lonely. I am a self professed master of small talk. I can make conversation with almost anybody about anything. Problem is I can never find anybody to do these things with.

To keep the loneliness at bay I do listen to music, but that does get old. So just this summer I have started listening to pod casts. I mostly listen to triathlon related ones, the occasional CBC one, and an in search of a good nursing related one.
One that I enjoyed more others was called Tri N Realty. One woman's journey to iron man Canada 2009. Now that the race is over she has stoped posting her pod casts and I feel surprisingly abandoned. I feel like my best bud has just left me high and dry.

So if anybody has any good pod casts to help me feel like I have friends let me know.

No comments: