Saturday, July 11, 2009

Kincardine Womans Triathlon

First triathlon of the year... all in all.. overall pleased with some sprinkling with sadness due to a non metal finish, I didn't think one was really possible but I was hopeful.

Coming into the event I was concerned about the temperature of the water., as it has been a rather chilly summer thus far. I had heard that if the water was 65 or below they would make it into a Du... and I really wanted to do a tri. However the temperature of Lake Huron was 63ish and it still went ahead. While doing a warm up in the water I realised why I had to have the wetsuit... it was cold, like hands and feet numb cold. Felt very sorry for anybody just going out in a swim suit. My swim went ok, like swimming for my life and hoping not to die auto pilot mode with little breaks of gasping for air and thanking God for the manufacturing of wetsuits so I could take a little rest and not drown. My goal was 10ish min for 375m. Did it 10:09- or 45th overall.

T1 went smooth- off wet the wetsuit with minimal fighting, opted out of socks, the only problem was putting my race belt on upside down, but I just went on. Bike went fine, perhaps I could have went faster except I was shaking from the swim. Was only passed once, didn't really feel like there were alot of people on the course, so didn't have that competitive rush to hammer it. T2- Easy- just had to switch shoes, as I have not mastered to taking of bike shoes while still riding and jumping off the bike thing yet. ( The practice of which has been of great delight to our neighbours) Got some elastic laces which rock. Where have they been all my life??. Time for T1, T2, and 12k bike 26:48 or 18th overall.

The run was what I was waiting for this entire race. Again with the calf pain of the bike issues. Didn't have to stop and stretch it out but I didn't hammer it like I would have liked cause I didn't want it to go into spasms. Time was 13:40 for 3k. 2nd overall.



So overall I was 16/154. Age cataogy 7/44. Total time 50:35.

The goal was to do something new and start getting into tri's but it frustrating to know that I would have metaled in the duel.

No comments: