Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hi Ho Hi Ho, off to work she goes.

Its amazing how easy it is to forget these things when Anne isn't working.
Its Thanksgiving and she is working 12hr days Saturday, Sunday and Monday. This is what happens pretty much every major holiday, or every second one anyway.
The funny thing is that I am totally fine with it, I grew up with my parents doing the same thing. Ever is getting more fun to play with and Maya is getting better at helping and entertaining herself which makes the whole weekend enjoyable. Much more than when Anne does nights anyway.
This morning I took the kids to meet with some friends (other "medical widows") at a conservation area and we hung out and let the kids play and had a great time. Tomorrow we are going to my aunts to have thanksgiving with the family that IS still around and I am sure I will enjoy myself thoroughly.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

WHAT SHE THINKS.....
So working indoors on a absolutely fabulous weekend when I just happen to want to get some long runs in, and have some family time that involves hiking to an epic vista...just sucks.
It would have not minded, just accepted I was was needed...but iiiiiitttttttt wwwwaasss sooooo sllloowwww. Am wanting some direction in my work..is this were I am really to be??

No comments: