Monday, November 19, 2007

Sports related injury

So last night night I hurt my knee playing hockey. Its not too bad at all, but I definately pulled the ligament a little and stuff is still popping around in there. I figure I can play again next Sunday, but will have a wear a knee brace of some sort for a few weeks.
I have been waiting for the injury as I can almost count on doing something to one of my knees every couple of years. The first year we moved back here I really hurt my left knee and was on crutches for a few weeks, then 2 years later I hurt my right knee pretty badly as well and needed crutches for a few weeks as well. So its been 2 years since that, my right knee still bothers me some, and so I was kind of waiting for it to get hurt again. Last night I got knocked down while scrambling foer the puck and tried to jump up but did so with my right leg sideways, it went pop-pop-crunch, which means I yelled and stumbled back to the bench instead.
But, I think this isn't too bad a one for my biennial knee injury. Hopefully the next one in 2 years is just as mild :)

No comments: