Sunday, November 25, 2007

Christmas in the Country

In my single parenthood of this weekend I took the children to Christmas in the country. It was a lovey, brisk cold night, with a light dusting of snow on the ground. Ever was snuggled in the sling, Maya in her snowsuit and myself in my parka. It was so lovey that almost everybody I knew I saw there. As a victim of its own success, it was quite crowded. We waited in line for everything we wanted to do, but even for patience Maya it was to much. We really wanted to go on the wagon ride but the line was longer then for Santa ( 20min). Unfortunately the wagon also took you to the bathrooms, hence we made a rather quick exit related to wet snow pants. Poor little soul, We could have walked to the bathrooms, but not when you have to go to the bathroom.

If we go next year... my notes to myself are:
- Arrive after 730pm
- Discuss whining before we get there
- Go to the bathroom before snowsuits.
- Do wear the warm boots
Posted by Picasa

No comments: