Sunday, December 03, 2006

Rally of the Tall Pines

So this year I once again attended Tall Pines. Its the final round of the Canadian National Rally Championship.
What was different this year was that I signed up to be a worker, and in this case I was assigned to be a marsall. It was a new experience for me and went well. I basically just told people to stay behind the tape at the spectator areas, did some traffic directing, and helped with some setup and clean-up afterwards. There wasn't a real great line up this year but there was some really good driving and some close calls anyway. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
It was fun being able to see the podium at the end of the night and hang out with and congratulate some of the drivers.
Anne and I may do it next year, but it depends on work and stuff.

No comments: