Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The end of an (icq) era

I installed ICQ on the advice of my friend Brock about 8 or more years ago when it first came out and before it became REALLY popular. As a result I had a fairly low ICQ number (1893223). For some reason, hacking these "low" numbered accounts is a bit of a sport and one which I have become victim to.
I don't plan on creating a new ICQ account so any of you who have me on it can delete me because it isn't me anymore.
I do plan on using the Google Talk though I as I do have 2 gmail accounts and its more secure and google will rule the world anyway. I already use MSN as well.
Also, for those of you who already use instant messaging a lot, you can run all of these from the same program called Miranda, which is a very bare bones version of them with no ads, smiles or any other useless crap. I highly recommend it.

No comments: