Saturday, March 05, 2005

Hockey Day in Hanover

Had one of my end of year tournaments today. This weekend it was an invitational church tournament in Flesherton. There were 3 or churches from the immediate area, one from Owen Sound and one from Barrie and I don't know about the other. We did not do very well :( .
We lost the first game, tied the second one, and lost the last one. It was still a lot of fun and there were no major mishaps or incidents which is suprising as there usually is.

However the big one was tonight as it was the first game of our church league playoffs. We have lost the last 2 or so games and so needed to get back on track. The game was extremely close and if we hadn't been so tried from playing 3 games earlier in the day I think we would have destroyed them. The game was very tight and tied 1-1 with 1 minute remaining. We got the puck in their end, I fed it to a winger (I was centre as usual), he fed it back to the point who got just in the bottom corner of the net with a slapshot. We hung on for the win!
So we have one more playoff game next Saturday, then the tournament the weekend after. I think we can take it this year for sure.
The only incident was when a guy who had really been harrasing me all night, (pushing, holding my stick, hooking, etc.) really shoved me after the whistle in front of their goalie. He got in my face about my stick in the goalies crotch and I relpied that I was just trying to get the puck through because thats what you're supposed to do before the whistle goes. ANyway, I was hoping the guy was going to shove me or take a swing so they would get a penalty. But then one of our guys come roaring in and totally rocks the guy into the boards. Fortuntely they didn't score on the power play and the guy stayed off me for the rest of the night :) Lot's if fun.

No comments: