Thursday, February 09, 2012

Life could be worse



Apparently there was some discussion about the contents of this blog and the food we eat in our house... and basically it was determined amongst some people that basically the worst thing in life could be eating they way we do..... well all I have to say is have fun in your fat pants.



Candy Salad

Well I call this candy salad, from the CSA newsletter.

Easy and Delicious Chinese Cabbage Salad
This recipe is sort of like the candy of salads. A little bit sinful with the addition of crumbled ramen noodles and sweet. But, well, it’s sooo yummy!
1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, crushed ( I buy ramon noodles in bulk to I just used a bunch)
10 ounces cashew or peanut pieces
1/2 chinese cabbage, shredded or sliced very very thinly
1-2 carrots, rinsed and grated
1/2 red onion, minced
1/2 cup sugar or 1/4 cup honey ( I used maple syrup due to my minor honey allergy)
1/2 cup olive or safflower oil ( I used 1/4 cup)
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
- I added some hemp hearts
In a preheated 350 degree F oven (175 degree C), toast the crushed noodles and nuts until golden brown.
In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw, green onions, toasted Ramon noodles and cashews.
To prepare the dressing, whisk together the sugar, oil, vinegar and soy sauce. Pour the dressing over the salad, toss and serve.


Random food thought- If you are not hungry enough to eat an apple than you are not hungry.




3 comments:

Janice said...

I agree with your random food thought, mostly because I hate apples!

Anne said...

LOL
How can you hate apples??? Thats funny cause Ron hates bananas.
I think they are Bacon- how can you not like bacon?

Angie and Bodo said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, bacon