Sunday, February 05, 2012

21:35

I really can't recall the last 5k race I did, but I do know my PB was 22:18.....and now I have lowered the bar to 21:35.  So basically 1:35 has to be taken off until I am happy.

Yesterday did the Groundhog jog in very un- February weather. 2010 was when I last did this race. 2010 was a bone chilling windy snowy weather. I actually think I got some frost bite on my face. 2012 saw the wearing of carpi's and short sleeves.

I should have done a bit of a warm up..but I was more concerned about my garmin finding satellites, and I knew if I had my garmin I could hand off my watch to somebody else who needed one. No chip timing here.  At the start line I was one of two female who wanted to be in the front- so I knew who my competition was..... and she passed me almost immediately. Which was fine, I'm good with second- it has become my new fourth, and it stayed that way until the end. Was watching my garmin hoping to stay under 4:30ks and really realized at 4:13k point I was going to beat my previous PB.... I was working and it hurt and I am thankful for the treadmill cause that is where I get my speed work done. I almost threw up at the end. But I did worse but I will keep the story to myself until I tell it to you when I am drunk.

Been sick since in bed. In bed now resting quietly for work in the night. Missed my LSD and really don't know when to fit it in this week. It is a good thing I am training for nothing.

2 comments:

Janice said...

Congratulations on the race! Sorry you're sick!

West Grey Runner said...

Congratulations on the PB … very good time! We need to pick a flat fast 5K in the spring , I would really like to beat the 20min mark too. Rest up , get better and don’t sweat missing one LSD.