Saturday, April 10, 2010

This is why I love Facebook

Yesterday was my birthday, just so you all know, I will be accepting belated birthday gifts.

Anyways we didn't have any significant plans, and it was raining, I wasn't having a emotional breakdown as I usually do on my birthday but I was feeling down. UNTIL I read a new friend status update on Facebook.. she was participating in an indoor triathlon that day. A phone call later and Luke and I were all ready to go for 6:30pm.

Basically it was run out of Stone Tree, you swam 370metres in their over heated pool, rode 10k on a exercise bike, and ran 2.5k on a treadmill. There was a tad too much time for transitions, and I could not get comfortable on the bike. I didn't push to hard but had fun....and apparently Luke had fun too, or at least he said he did. Definitely better than going out for dinner and we got protein bars for our efforts.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

happy belated anne!

if youre not busy, why don't you pop by tomorrow and i will make you a birthday smoothie! or i could deliver.

rach.

some time in the afternoon is good...facebook me if you can make it or if ya want me to pop by...and i'm apt. 7.