Sunday, April 18, 2010

Less than a month

 

In less than a month now I will be running the Missasuaga Marathon. Although it would be nice to Boston qualify on my first try at 42.195, quite frankly I think that would very wishful thinking at this point. The problem is pavement. IT just trashes my legs. I did my entire 34k long run on gravel/trail today and really worry about the pain of the extended pavement exposure. I read one training plan and it calls for alot of long runs then another that only does one over 30k. I also have no idea about what to do for calories. I have been training with sharkies/other candy and water. Just can't do gels anymore. I wonder about a few chips as I crave salt. Luke thinks I should take a salt lick.
I am thinking around 4:15- 4:30.???
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Blogworthy? said...

I have a friend who is running the Boston Marathon today as a rundraiser for the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. I pledged in honor of Mike. She didn't have to qualify.

Blogworthy? said...

I have a friend who is running the Boston Marathon today as a rundraiser for the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. I pledged in honor of Mike. She didn't have to qualify.