Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sore but not bad.

So I had my vasectomy today and as someone who has never really gone to the hospital for anything serious (for myself anyway) it was a new experience. Also adding to said experience was knowing everyone involved in the procedure ona first name basis because I live in a small town and I used to work there. I think there was only one new person I didn't recognize.
Anyway, everything went fine. I was a little curious as to getting general anaesthesia because I had never really gone under before. It was interesting, I remember the exact moment I went out too. I was looking at the light while being told to take deep breaths from the oxygen, and thinking "hmm this is probably it, the lights getting fuzzy", then waking up and thinking "mmmm that was a good nap...oh wait I'm at the hospital."
So after that I was a little sleepy for awhile, and still haven't had any real pain (the ice is my friend, a close friend). I just feel like crap mostly. Tomorrow is supposed to be worse, but we will see I guess.
The stitches aren't very exciting either.
The best part is lazing around while I recover. I don't really want to that much, but I don't really want to mess anything up down there either. So I am just chillin' tomorrow for the most part, and we will have to see about Friday I guess.

Edit: Anne's perspective:

As you can see Luke was not quite thinking straight when he wrote that as evidenced by long rambling sentences. Anyways, there is a slight sadness that we will not be having anymore children, not that we want them, just that we can't. It didn't hit me until I picked him up from the hospital and he was all pale, had a IV in, ice on scrotal area in a hospital bed. Kinda like when we were pregnant with Maya and Luke didn't believe it until she was actually delivered.
I am being a very good nurse to him, more caring in fact to him then I am to real patients.

No comments: