Sunday, May 25, 2008

ALL FREE

Saturday mornings in the spring traditionally have meant scouring garage sales for deals, however as that is a group ride time fort he Saugeen triathlon club I have been missing out on the fun... which has created a whole new level of fun.

FREE STUFF

When the day ends for many sellers, they just want to get rid of unsold items so they put them lovingly in boxes at the curb for me to lovingly sort through them for cherished items to be. Yipee!!!

The big score and answer to prayer this week was a porch swing. We really wanted one, or a couch for the front porch and as it is furniture, and as I am too cheap to buy furniture I just had to wait. It works fine and just needs a cover for the cushions which I can sew simply.

Oh and I just wanted to mention my additional happiness of the day; while running tonight I found a $20 bill on the road, so to celebrate I went through the recycling bin at the corner store and got a free Toronto Star!!

No comments: