Saturday, May 10, 2008

Silver

At long last I made it onto the metal podium in a real race!! I did the 10km today at the MOunt Forest Trillium Run in 51:06 resulting a silver place finish in my age category of 16 entrants, 11 out of 55 females. The really competitive (fast) category was the 40-49 race. I managed to keep it at around 5minute km consistently, and loved the longer distance. I just seems way more relaxed even at the same pace then a 5km. Sadly there are no photos as Luke forgot the camera.
Oh the interesting thing about this race was the chip results are good for the actual times but the cataogies are wayyyyy off. Apparently the the person who won my age cataogy was a man so initially I didn't even think I placed at all. The woman who got third was really mad about it, and was really bitter she didn't get a PB.

No comments: