Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Grey County Rally 2004...Sort of

So my friend Ian came up from Toronto this weekend ot hang out. We ended up doing 2 things basically, driving on back roads and playing Rallisport 2 on Xbox.
Anne found her map of Grey County (that's the county we live in FYI) which has all the known roads and some unassumed roads as well, so Ian and I took it and went driving. It was a blast, there are so many single lane, twisty and unused roads out here that I had no Idea about. There were some great puddles/small lakes that we went through at high speeds too. We did this both Saturday and Sunday afternoon and apparently the car on sustained a small dent in the oil pan which is amazing considering some of the roads we were on and the rocks we hit. I marked them all on the map for later reference. Ian's car is only a '99 (I think) Volkswagen Golf so something a little higher up would have allowed to get though some places we weren't able to this time through. Of course the Golf is a good rally car once you make a few modifications to it which could quite possibly be the case some day. :)
Saturday night and some of Sunday we spent playing rallisport 2 on the Xbox. I have never playing a racing game as good as that one. The graphics were astounding and the variety of races kept you wanting more, it just felt like you were going so fast. I will have to play it a great deal more when it comes out for PC at some point.
Overall an awesome summer weekend spent. I can't wait for next time.

No comments: