Monday, February 02, 2004

I took the day off on Friday and we went skiing at Blue Mountain. Unfortunately I would rate the day about a "B-". The drive up there wasn't that great, with blowing snow and bad roads. But when we got there we realized that Friday was a fricken PD day! ARG! So its super crowded. The I get in to Central Lodge and head to our usual spot where Anne had gone ahead to feed Maya while I unloaded the car. I get to the spot to fine a very pissed off Anne and no tables. Apparently on a very busy day they decided to get rid off all the tables in the quiet hallway area! So Anne "talks" to some mangers and gets some tables for the area and we have a place to look after Maya and keep our stuff.
So while some of this is going on I head out to the slopes. Because of the cloud cover the light is very flat and its nearly impossible to make out the rough stuff and with all the people its VERY rough and choppy. *sigh*
On the positive side though, despite all the problems we both got some good skiing in and had fun. The lines were too bad and all the hills were open. My Dad showed up later in the day and we got some good night skiing in as the night lights improved visibility greatly.
All in all I am glad I took the day off but wish we had known it was going to be a PD day. Next time will be better I hope, we will do this at least couple more times this season and lots more night skiing.

No comments: