Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Here's a lesson in procrastination boys and girls.

I got my driving license suspended today.

Last May I got a speeding ticket coming home from the movie theatre in Owen Sound, only going 110km/h in a dry paved back road so its no biggy. The local police let you write a test for $80 and rip up the ticket and the province never hears of it and that's the end of that. That's what's supposed to happen anyway...
In June I get a notice from the local police and they let me know they they accidentally sent the ticket in but not work worry about they will take care of it etc etc. Then at the start of January I received a notice from the province that I had gotten a speeding ticket and I had never paid it and I needed to before March 1st and had a court date etc. I call the local police and ask what's up, they tell me I need to bring the notice into the station and talk with the officer that gave it to me. But the hours are only during hours that I am working and the officer has to be there so its not exactly easy to arrange. That's what I procastinated doing and so never got around to dealing with it today.
So in the mail today is a notice stating that my license is suspended until I pay the fine and pay $100 to have it reinstated.

But I can go to court and sign a form, and explain to the justice (or whoever) the above story and everything should be hunky-dory in a couple days.

In the mean time looks like I will be walking though, good thing I don't have any meetings anywhere this week :)

No comments: