Sunday, January 26, 2014

2013 in Books

As with everything sometimes I read more and sometimes I read less. Lately I have been starting books and realising that life is to short to read something that does not bring joy, or I feel that in my limited English skills I could write better. I continue to use Good reads... most of the time, thus this list does not reflect all I have read over the year.

Ella Enchanted


The Imposter Bride
 
I finally got around to reading this modern day classic, it was a good story. Rather depressing, although I did feel the end was worth it. one particular line will always stay with me. Went something like '.....did you not realise that because of you all of our lives changed forever.' That one line was the point of the book.

Heads in Beds: A Reckless Memoir of Hotels, Hustles, and So-Called Hospitality
Heard a interview on the CBC with the author and would you not know it, it was at library that same day! Basically the point is how to score a hotel deal. Interesting.

 
Freshman: Tales of 9th Grade Obsessions, Revelations, and Other Nonsense
 
Medical ethical dilemma, family history etc. Worth the read.
 
On the Island
 
 
 
Very interesting read about how I will never live, especially since my lottery numbers never seem to be the right ones.

Relish: My Life in the Kitchen
Graphic novel that seems to keep on being checked out by Maya again and again. It is about food.

 The Yonahlossee Riding Camp for Girls
 

No comments: