Sunday, July 06, 2008

HBC Run For Canada- Algonquin Park

How Not To Meet Your Target Time
  • Arrive with only a half hour to spare
  • Wait in line to use the Port- a - Potties for 20min
  • Have no time for a warm up
  • Get in the starting line way back of where you should be
  • Forget to double check laces and have to stop to tie one lace
  • As the other lace is not tied well, ankle not well supported, and thus roll over on ankle and trip and roll when not paying attention on loose gravel

My goal for the HBC 10k was 50min and chip time I finished in 50:57. As it is a bigger race I didn't think I could place, and I didn't. 79/400 overall, 21/ 240 females, 5/59 Age group. I was excited by the really cool finishing metal and technical tee- shirt. The food post race was the usual crap- under ripe bananas, apples from who knows where, bottled water, and harvest crunch graula bars. No photos as I went there alone and didn't know anybody there.

No comments: