Thursday, May 25, 2006

Soccer

Soccer season is upon us. Over the winter I have been playing indoor soccer (Futsal) and the season is now over.
The people that organized that league have started an outdoor one for the summer, and both Anne and I have joined.
It took at bit of coercion to get Anne to agree to play, but I am sure she will enjoy it once we start. We are on different teams to make looking after Maya bit easier.
Playing will take place on a full field with two 40-minute halves and full Fifa rules except of slide tackling. We start this Sunday and I can't wait.
Last Saturday I played for the local 30+ team as they were short on players and had a great time. I got an inordinate amount of ball time and made a good accounting of myself. I am quite confident I will do well in with the Saugeen league once it starts. So much fun!

No comments: