Friday, November 04, 2005

big guy with a beard

Today Anne and I went to Home Depot. While we were in the line at the check out Anne went to grab one last thing. No one was behind us so I stepped sideways to grab a couple of 9V batteries. While I was trying to grab a 2 pack of them an older couple come up to the line and so I stepped sideways in front of them (and their load of lumber I might add) and said "oh sorry in am in the line I was just grabbing some batteries". Not a big deal.. or so I though.
The old guy says "Oh look at me, I am a big guy with a beard and I can do what I want!". I laugh in a my head until I realize he is serious. I turn around, mouth agape and say " No seriously we were here and just were looking at batteries for a second.". The man replies bitterly, "oh well then, if you are in such a hurry just go right in front of me then!".
I just shrugged and turned around. Then a new till opened and they got in first of that new line.
I guess I looked suitably menacing today :)

No comments: