Thursday, September 01, 2005

Virtual Death

Someone I knew and corresponded with on Shacknews pretty regularly died last week in a motorcycle accident. He was a pretty well know shacker and so after realizing he hadn’t posted in a few days people discovered after a bit of googling that he was dead. It seems his death was pretty much his fault as he was going way to fast on the motorcycle and couldn’t stop in a time and slid into a stopped car on the road. There is even a thread on the message boards where people told him he was going to be killed sooner or later if he kept doing going like that on his bike.
Anyway, I am surprisingly bummed about it. We were both big rally fans and were planning to play against each other in one of my rally games shorting. I was even about to message him to plan a time this week just before I found out. I never even spoke to the guy in real time, athough now I really wish I could have met him. It was always through the message boards or private messaging. The other sad thing is I don’t think he was a Christian either.
Anyway, R.I.P. “Harkov”.

No comments: