Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Bike Stuff

Since I got my mountain bike, I have had some problems with the crank (that thing that attaches to your pedals) and front gear set. The left crank keeps coming off and the chain comes off on sharp bumps and it makes a grinding noise. The trouble is that all of the problems could be attributed to my being quite rough on the bike and riding it hard. The problem is that I haven't been doing that (thought I wish I were:) ).
So yesterday I took it back to Jolley's and basically told them I wasn't impressed with the problems I have been having, especially considering the money I spent on the bike. They looked it over and asked me what I had been doing with it, etc. Then they said they would replace the the whole crankset and gearset for free! Excellent. So in a week or so my bike should be tip-top once again. We will be supporting them with purchases in the future.

In the mean time the tightened everything up and Anne and I had a great bike ride on the Tom Thompson Trail in Owen Sound yesterday. Though I don't recommend it on a bike without any suspension, the gravel they use is pretty rough in spots.

No comments: