Sunday, September 28, 2003

Dale Lang the father of the boy who died in the Taber, Alberta incident spoke at our church today. It was a very good service and centred on forgiveness and not being a lukewarm Christian. He is a very well spoken pastor.
One thing bothered me though. He spoke of these being "dark times", and "these hard times in the world". The reason that I am bother by those is that I fail to understand what makes this day and age so bad compared to other times in the past. Yes there are wars, but that always has been, and much worse ones in the past at that. Maybe because of the whole gay/lesbian marriage thing? But homosexuality has always been a part of society and has been more open at some times than others, and their marriage is just a piece of paper, much like many heterosexual people treat it these days.
So why is now any worse than any other time, I am not really seeing it. Yes as Christians we need to minister more, but that is an eternal struggle that waxes and wanes with time.
Maybe I am just blind to the evil out there, but I don't' think I am that naive.

No comments: