Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Easy Street -Around the Bay!!

Last year I said never again... but plans change. All winter, no races, have not got out of town since January.... so I bought a bib of Kijiji.

The plan was a easy training 30K mixed in with some back to back longer days.
Thursday- 15k- Done
Friday- 15-20k- Back aches + four hour Evening shift- NOT DONE
Saturday- 15k- Done
Sunday 30k Done
Monday- Somebody please put me out of my misery now. NOTHING DONE

Truth be told I have not been feeling well for a week or two. I think when I get too fat I loss my appetite and I lose weight. Got forbid my weight changes from 132. Honestly I have been that weight since high school.  Although after each kid at around 15months postpartum I dip down to 125 and everybody thinks I have cancer. Today I feel slightly better but I have to work tonight so I have to be better or else the  mortgage does not get paid.


Anyways, I decided a friend of mine was going to go sub- three hours and I was going to take her there. Long story short- we did. It was interesting, at one point I looked back at her and knew she had just switched from having a good time to the point where it hurt and she did not want to do this anymore. AND the thing is if she had been running with her usual running partner they would have shut it down. She ended up with a 20min PB.... and hated me until the finish line. All good after that.

For myself as I have raced this distance a half hour faster, it was a fun day. I wore my caveman costume and lapped up all the attention like the middle child I am. I felt like Chrissie Wellington out there- smiled the entire race. You would think I could find a picture, or a news report of my awesomeness?!? I kinda want to wear a costume at all races now. I think I am a attention whore.
It was a different experience being further back. So much more congestion then I am used to. Garbage was everywhere, and the women made up half the field. Honestly, it usually feels like it is just me and the boys. As I wasn't racing I didn't really have to worry about calories so I only took a single gel and drank all the water I wanted as I knew I had time to pee if I had to, and  the bacon. I partook in the bacon station... drizzled with maple syrup. Yum yum.

Next year will be the year of the bike...maybe.... cause really all it would take for me to have a gold metal is a 4;28 pace for 30k... umm next year is the year of the bike.


No comments: