Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sulphur Mud Fest 2011

In my continued effort to suffer I completed Sulphur springs Trail Race- Version 25k .Walked away with a time of 2:16:20- 9th female overall, which seems consistent with the times of previous years.
I am moderately pleased with my result but of course I want to play the negatively blame game.So why didn't I do slightly better??

- Biggest reason- My ipod died about 8km into the race. RIP. I am a spoiled rotten little ADDer who NEEDS distraction. Screw that one with myself. I want my Lady Gaga!
- Felt heavy- like five pounds off my race weight, which I am.
- I need new trail shoes. I was wearing my asics so I could save my other trail shoes for night running as they are slightly more comfortable. Bottom line- nothing I have works right now.
- I had to pee, and try as I might to pee on myself it just was not happening.
- I didn't feel pretty. I was wearing my fluorescent orange shirt which I like but I need to redo the shoulders. Ones outfit is everything.

I should have done better- the conditions were overcast and MUDDY. I do better the worst it is. Just for the record. I didn't lose a shoe but I think I was the muddiest at the finish line. I have special skill in getting muddy. As I said previous I am rarely happy with myself post race- perhaps twice a year. I have already had a great time at ATB so the next ones coming sometime.

No comments: