Friday, November 19, 2010

Rant

Is it just me who has noticed that the fashion accessory to own in these parts is a Tim Hortins Coffee cup?

What is it with people? Are they incapable of going anywhere without a cup of coffee? For petes sake I was trail running the other day and along trots a woman with a steaming cup in her hand. Of course she is also caring a purse for the family hike so she is dead to me already.
We don't even have a Tim Hortins in Chesley and yet nearly every visitor to the hospital comes in carrying a cup... even the people who live in Chesley!

Word to the parents.... apparently it is grounds to notify CAS if you come into the hospital with a sick kid and a coffee cup.

4 comments:

Deb said...

I completly agree! I honestly think there is some extra additive in Tim's coffee to make it extremly addictive. People don't seem to be able to function without it planted firmlly in their hand. Its actually pretty creepy.

I don't often drink it. I have been known to enjoy one on a long trip after a horrendeous night, and during roll-up-the-rim season, but have never taken one shopping or to a hospital, or to my kids's swim lessons, or to the park or to someone else's home.

I can't believe people needing to see an emergency physician would first stop to get a coffee. We are definetly a society with our priorities out of order.

andrea said...

FYI
FREE coffee at mcdonalds, for the next 2 weeks!!!
no purchase necessary...
luv andrea

Alanna Rusnak said...

Don't know if there's any truth to it but someone once told me that Tim Horton's puts nicotine in their coffee - just under the amount that they have to claim it in their ads.

Deb said...

Makes sense, but unfortunately its untrue: http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/timhortons.asp