Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Beep Test

For the fourth or fifth consecutive spring/fall I have lead a run clinic sponsored mostly by saucony and logistical organized by the Saugeen triathlon club. I usually lead the 10:1 or continuous running... but at other people's paces I usually don't get enough of a workout in. Sure the discounted gear and free stuff is nice but frankly I was getting sick of it. I wanted a break.

But somehow my name was volunteered to run a 10k clinic. For my own sanity I had to make it as different as possible. Thus we did:
- Two weeks of flied trips to a conservation area for trail running on a course I had to mark out prior to every bodies arrival and take down after everybody was done.
- Hill work out
- Track workout
- Fartlek workout
-This week was a beep test
-Next week is a timed 10k run

Does anybody have any ideas on other group run work outs that are challenging and diverse?

No comments: