Monday, January 04, 2010

United Kingdom

I admit it, I like the totally guilty pleasure of reading a good fun book. A novel that isn't going to win any award. Oprah isn't going to rave about, it isn't life changing, but it is fun. There is no sadness, nobody raped, homelessness, starving children, mothers unable to buy medicine for their children. Marriages are mostly faithful, everybody is employed, in fact there is barely a plot cause there is little drama.
The writing may be terrible, the story lines may not be tight but who cares.

My point... the best of the best seem to come from the British Ilse. Problem is they seemly all had the same high school English teacher cause I find these three authors vaguely the same..... but really it isn't a problem. I just wanted something to write about.

Sophie Kinsella

Marian Keyes

Cecelia Ahern

No comments: