Monday, January 04, 2010

Resolution Run Durham Style

I can't believe I did a 'race' and didn't blog about it. Didn't realise until I noticed Westgrey Runners blog about it.

This year a dedicated member from the saugeen triathlon club desiced to put together a resolution run for our community. A totally free event, just for fun run that we could do in our own backyard as opposed to driving to a running room event in the city was the vision that organizer was following.

The race was held New years Day in the responsible afternoon. The day was crisp, and a little blowy but not bad. The course was a loop around the town of Durham on snow packed streets and ankle deep snowy sidewalks. Maya walked with another member and their new puppy and we will not say where Ever was BUT Luke and I got to run together. Of course he was hot and I was cold- really need warmer tights. We manged to stay together for 3km. We got lost only once , then I spotted Maya and I collected her and walked back to the school where it was staged. Luke finnished strong all by himself. Of course since Around the bay in coming sooner rather than later I headed out for another 5k. Thus I was the last one in. Anne last in a race...and it really wasn't that bad.

The best part of the outing was that Lisa was there. My 'encouagement ' worked and despite a painful leg she ran the furthest she has in 16months. Good work!

No comments: