Sunday, January 24, 2010

Creemore Awsomeness

This 'local' grassroots run was put on by the organizers of the Creeemore vertical challenge. How grassroots?? It was run out of the race directors house. How great is that??
I knew one person who would be at the race, and knew that there would be some fellow Running Manics but really all except one would be strangers. I really didn't know where it was located but luckily I saw a runner who directed me to the fun... it was at her house.

The course was a 7.1 km loop. Run on approx 3km road and 4km trail. Snow packed steep sections trail. Now the interesting thing about running on a snow trail in the winter, especially in temperatures that hover around zero is that the trail changes. I did three loops of it and with each loop it got more and more rough footed. The hard packed sections got loose and steep and the hill sections were just slippy. All and all good times.

It was definitely a different crowd then I was used to. These people are hard core. There is no taking it easy, really they like to push and push and then throw up and keep on going. Seriously there was a guy talking about a race where he did something like 110km in 8hours and he was cursing himself cause he didn't do more. There were a few people training for 100milers, one guy pulling a sled. How great in that?? After talking to those people I felt like I could another loop... but time was passing, and I told Luke I would be home at a certain time sooo that was my excuse. But really I want to be the person training for a 100miler.

AND after I got changed there was some running fellowship beside a fireplace and as I was leaving i was given an amazing pottery bowl, and I am told that if I do well at the race in June I will get another bowl. Thus I will be back.

No comments: