Monday, February 07, 2005

Another lonely weekend *single tear*

So Anne abandoned Maya and I this weekend because she was working nights again. We managed to cope pretty good and found a good source of food by prying open floor boards with Maya's toys. I would lift them up just enough for Maya to fit her hand in and get a handful of termites for us to mash into a paste and eat with a straw, that was it was more palatable. She only lost 2 fingers but I glued them back on so I don't think anyone will notice.

Maya did sleep really good this weekend though. Friday night was bad but last night was the best ever. She only woke up 3 times (that I noticed anyway) and one of those times she put herself back to sleep. Its quite apparent that she understands that Anne isn't there so just deals with it by using the sippy cup and going back to sleep. I hope she is still used to it when Anne works Wednesday and Friday nights this week.

Because of this development I am not going to drink coffee anymore; it's back to tea for me. I started drinking it regularly after Maya was born to help with the lack of sleep, but I really feel it when I don't have it for a day or so now. Even as I type this I have a headache and feel fuzzy headed which I am sure is caffeine related.

No comments: