Thursday, October 14, 2004

The end of an era...

So this week Anne and I got rid of our TV.
We used to have a crappy one but when my brother went into the army we borrowed his and gave away our old one (which we got for free). But since my brother quit the army he wanted his back, so now we don't have a TV anymore.
We are perfectly okay with this as we don't really watch any TV anyway and all the shows we do follow we download and watch on the computer anyway. So here is the plan.
When Anne goes back to work we are going to get a new 22" monitor (from here) to facilitate the computer watching (this will have a nice side affect on my gaming). And in a few years, we are going to get one of the HDTV's that you can hang on the wall.
We are both pleased with this arrangement and it does tidy up the living room a bit. One side affect may be that I will have to build a second computer for Anne so she can watch her shows while I do something else. But we will see I guess.

No comments: