Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Computer Upgrade

One thing is new that I forgot. On friday I upgraded by system to an Asus K8N-E Deluxe Motherboard and an Athlon64 3000+ chip. Its not really a great speed upgrade to what I had but it will overclock well. To assist with that I have this Thermalright XP-120 heatsink coming this week and I need new RAM. The heatsink is my price for a computer I am building someone and the RAM I will have to swing a deal somehow with Nathan or something.
I am pretty pleased with the new hardware but I did have to reinstall Windows from scratch to get it to work. Its going to take a bit of work as well to figure out how well its going to OC too. But thats more than half the fun to me :) (yes I am a huge nerd thank you)
The upgrades I have planned (depending on how much comptuer work I do for people) are a new 22" monitor, 2 SATA HD's (in RAID 0), and a new Videocard (ATI Radeon whatever-is-the-newest).
Our current system specs are:

  • Athlon64 3000+ (2.0 Ghz)
  • Asus k8N-E Deluxe
  • Radeon 9700 Pro
  • 240 GB Total Hard drive space (80% full, its the Anime and 6 Feet Under downloads!)
  • 1 GB Ram
  • Audigy 2

No comments: