Friday, June 25, 2004

That was close...

So today I was biking home from work, and I got hit by a mini-van.
Well not really hit, but I did glance off the front bumper and the front tire of my bike got all bent up. I was fine fortunately but it was a close call. I was going down the hill just outside of the hospital and lady turned down a side street right in front of me. I yelled at her to stop (as I was doing about 50km/h on the bike and couldn't stop soon enough) and I hit her front bumper just as she was stopping. If she hadn't I think I would have slowed down enough to just sort of run into the side of the van and would have been unhurt but I would have dented the van pretty good.
The lady's first reaction was to jump out and give me a hug. I don't know what she would have done had I broken my leg(s) or something.
It was sort of my fault as I was on the wrong side of the road because I was heading to the grocery store to pick up a pizza and I knew my brakes weren't working that great.
Live and learn I guess.

No comments: